If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had guests coming over for Friday night dinner and although I had prepared a number of salads, I wanted to do an additional one. I had these ingredients at hand so voila! this salad was born. —THE FUTURE MBA
CRUNCHY NUTTY LEMON MANGO SALAD
- 1/8 cup pine nuts
- 1/8 cup almonds, halved
- 1/8 cup pecans, halved
- 3 mangos, on the cusp of ripeness
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, approximately 1" cubed
- 3 large hothouse tomatoes, juicy
- 1 deep green cucumber.
- 5 kiwis
- Cut each tomato into approximately 10 equal-sized slivers. Peel and slice the cucumber in 1/8"-thick wedges.
- Peel and halve the kiwis, and cut each mango into bite-sized pieces. Combine the kiwi halves and mango chunks with the tomato slivers and cucumber wedges. Add the pineapple chunks.
- Pour the pine nuts, almonds, and pecans into the bowl, mixing them in, but taking care not to crush the other ingredients.
PEPPERY LEMON JUICE DRESSING
- 5 lemons, juicy
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, preferably organic extra-virgin
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, "fine" setting
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper, "fine" setting
- 1 dash dijon-style mustard
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dinner That Makes a Good Lunch