If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These potatoes are fabulous to cook with, the Sierra Gold is a mix of a Russet and Yukon Gold. Especially when using a ricer for the cooked potatoes, if possible, this recipe comes out super creamy! When I prepare my sweet 'n salty glazed carrots along with these spuds I always use the rendered sweet 'n salty carrot oil to drizzle over them! —JennT1981
Sierra Gold potatoes, cubed
tablespoons unsalted butter
cloves garlic, minced and pasted
- In a large pot bring enough water to cover potatoes to a boil and cook about 10 to 15 minutes, until tender. Drain and return to same pot to help steam off any excess water in potatoes.
- In the meantime combine milk, butter and garlic in a medium sauce pot and simmer, being careful not to boil, over medium low, about 10 minutes until slightly thickened and flavors have melded.
- Working in batches press potatoes through a ricer into a medium mixing bowl until all are used. Slowly pour warm milk mixture over potatoes and using a spatula or wooden spoon gently fold potatoes until milk is incorporated and potatoes are fluffy and creamy.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mashed Potatoes