Author Notes: These potatoes are fabulous to cook with, the Sierra Gold is a mix of a Russet and Yukon Gold. Especially when using a ricer for the cooked potatoes, if possible, this recipe comes out super creamy! When I prepare my sweet 'n salty glazed carrots along with these spuds I always use the rendered sweet 'n salty carrot oil to drizzle over them! —JennT1981
Sierra Gold potatoes, cubed
tablespoons unsalted butter
cloves garlic, minced and pasted
- In a large pot bring enough water to cover potatoes to a boil and cook about 10 to 15 minutes, until tender. Drain and return to same pot to help steam off any excess water in potatoes.
- In the meantime combine milk, butter and garlic in a medium sauce pot and simmer, being careful not to boil, over medium low, about 10 minutes until slightly thickened and flavors have melded.
- Working in batches press potatoes through a ricer into a medium mixing bowl until all are used. Slowly pour warm milk mixture over potatoes and using a spatula or wooden spoon gently fold potatoes until milk is incorporated and potatoes are fluffy and creamy.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mashed Potatoes