If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: While living in San Diego during college there was this breakfast spot we would call, "Grandma's. To this day I am not too sure why so other than the fact that their food taste just like it came from the kitchen of a grandma that could cook. The dish I would always order was the egg's benedict with their famous mashed potato cakes with sour cream and home made apple sauce...mmm! I just had to bring this recipe into our home and on a almost regular basis! Sometimes I will garnish with sliced scallions for a mildy spicy herb kick. —JennT1981
Serves 4-6 cakes
- 2 cups mashed potato, 1 day old
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- Combine mashed potatoes, egg, flour, milk,salt and pepper; stir to mix well until smooth.
- Heat butter over medium heat in a non-stick skillet and spoon ¼ cup of batter into skillet, pressing flat to make a circle.
- Cook until golden crisp, about 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Drain on paper towel and serve with sour cream and applesauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Potato Pancakes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mashed Potatoes