Author Notes: While living in San Diego during college there was this breakfast spot we would call, "Grandma's. To this day I am not too sure why so other than the fact that their food taste just like it came from the kitchen of a grandma that could cook. The dish I would always order was the egg's benedict with their famous mashed potato cakes with sour cream and home made apple sauce...mmm! I just had to bring this recipe into our home and on a almost regular basis! Sometimes I will garnish with sliced scallions for a mildy spicy herb kick. —JennT1981
Serves: 4-6 cakes
cups mashed potato, 1 day old
pinch salt and pepper
tablespoons unsalted butter
cup sour cream
- Combine mashed potatoes, egg, flour, milk,salt and pepper; stir to mix well until smooth.
- Heat butter over medium heat in a non-stick skillet and spoon ¼ cup of batter into skillet, pressing flat to make a circle.
- Cook until golden crisp, about 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Drain on paper towel and serve with sour cream and applesauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Potato Pancakes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mashed Potatoes