If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was a staple in my home when I lived in San Diego along with usually four other girls, at times more. We were a family away from home always keeping ourselves nourished and comforted through what we called our, "eating like king and queen dinners". Every one of us were huge fans of pepper-jack cheese so this dish was perfect for all to enjoy! —JennT1981
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups pepper-jack cheese, shredded and 1/4 cup reserved
- 8 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place potatoes on a baking sheet and cook until almost tender, about 45 to 50 minutes.
- Carefully cut a wedge out of the top of each potato and scoop potato from center and place into a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients, except for reserved cheese, and blend until smooth.
- Evenly stuff each potato shell with mixture and top each with 1 tablespoon of cheese.
- Return to oven and bake another 10 to 20 minutes, depending on size of potatoes, to warm through and slightly brown cheese on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mashed Potatoes