Author Notes: This recipe was a staple in my home when I lived in San Diego along with usually four other girls, at times more. We were a family away from home always keeping ourselves nourished and comforted through what we called our, "eating like king and queen dinners". Every one of us were huge fans of pepper-jack cheese so this dish was perfect for all to enjoy! —JennT1981
large baking potatoes
cup unsalted butter
cups pepper-jack cheese, shredded and 1/4 cup reserved
slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
cup sour cream
pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place potatoes on a baking sheet and cook until almost tender, about 45 to 50 minutes.
- Carefully cut a wedge out of the top of each potato and scoop potato from center and place into a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients, except for reserved cheese, and blend until smooth.
- Evenly stuff each potato shell with mixture and top each with 1 tablespoon of cheese.
- Return to oven and bake another 10 to 20 minutes, depending on size of potatoes, to warm through and slightly brown cheese on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mashed Potatoes