If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Dense and flavorful and so perfect for summer. The longer it sits, the more the ingredients soak in the dressing and the tastier the salad gets, thus, it’s perfect for a make-ahead-picnic. —Vicky | Things I Made Today
For the viniagrette
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
For the salad
- 1 15 ounces can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounces can white cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced into 1/2 inch squares
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Using a food processor or electric mixer, mix together all ingredients for viniagrette except olive oil until smooth. Slowly add in olive oil and mix until it is thick and emulsified. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together black and white beans. Pour half the viniagrette over the beans and mix. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- To the beans, add onions, tomatoes, mozzarella and basil. Pour in remaining dressing, mix well. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans