If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Gazpacho is a soup made of raw vegetables and served cold. Traditionally it is made of tomatoes, bread, cucumber, bell pepper, onion, garlic, olive oil, wine vinegar, water and salt.
I’m giving it a modern twist: tomato, strawberry, basil and balsamic vinegar. That’s about it.
Chop very finely all ingredients. Strawberries and tomatoes have high percentage of water, so when chopped they will release a lot of juice. Also, strawberries should be marinated with balsamic vinegar and basil for couple of hours before adding chopped tomatoes. This will allow develop a sort of velvet flavor. Tomatoes will add freshness.
* If strawberries are not as sweet as they are supposed to be, add a sweetener to enhance the flavors. Tomatoes always need a hint of some sort of sugar. —lolitabopa
tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
fleur de sel to season
bunches of basil leaves
- Finely chop strawberries, add balsamic vinegar, fleur de sel and half of the finely chopped basil leaves.
- Chill and let marinate for at least 5 hours.
- Finely chop tomatoes and add them to the strawberry mixture. Than add the other half of chopped basil.
- If needed, finish with some additional salt and balsamic.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Berry Recipe