If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Dessert style bars with a pistachio base, caramel custard center and juicy blueberries to top off. —Sylvie @ Roamingtaste
Makes: 16 bars
cup confectioner's sugar
tablespoons dulce de leche
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350F and line a baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- Place the pistachios, flour, confectioner’s sugar and salt into a bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the butter and combine with a fork until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Pour into the baking tin and press down to flatten with a fork.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until golden on top. Remove and set aside.
- Place the custard and caramel into a bowl and fold through until the caramel has almost combined.
- Pour into the baking tray and bake for a further 20 minutes or until slightly golden around the edges.
- Remove and allow to cool and then refrigerate for a minimum 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the blueberries in a pot on the lowest heat and cover. Allow to cook, stirring until soft. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Spoon the berries over the caramel custard and refrigerate for a minimum 30 minutes.
- Remove and slice into bars.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Berry Recipe