Author Notes: Dessert style bars with a pistachio base, caramel custard center and juicy blueberries to top off. —Sylvie @ Roamingtaste
Makes: 16 bars
cup confectioner's sugar
tablespoons dulce de leche
In This Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350F and line a baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- Place the pistachios, flour, confectioner’s sugar and salt into a bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the butter and combine with a fork until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Pour into the baking tin and press down to flatten with a fork.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until golden on top. Remove and set aside.
- Place the custard and caramel into a bowl and fold through until the caramel has almost combined.
- Pour into the baking tray and bake for a further 20 minutes or until slightly golden around the edges.
- Remove and allow to cool and then refrigerate for a minimum 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the blueberries in a pot on the lowest heat and cover. Allow to cook, stirring until soft. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Spoon the berries over the caramel custard and refrigerate for a minimum 30 minutes.
- Remove and slice into bars.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Berry Recipe