If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This soup is as simple as the simple path I took towards the healthier me! You can add your own twist to this cauliflower soup and take it to the next level. You can add avocado to add some healthy fats to the soup. Add some raw corn for sweetness or millet to make this soup into a meal. This cauliflower soup with garlic scapes is like a blank canvas for you to paint on! Did you know that cauliflower has over 9 grams of fiber in every 100 calories? Cauliflower is high in antioxidants and it supports body’s detox system. Garlic strengthens body’s immune system and helps to fight coughs and congestion. In the flu season garlic is a must have food to ward off colds and flu. —Medha | Farm on Plate
- 2 tablespoons olive oil/coconut oil
- 1 small white onion - chopped
- 1 medium size cauliflower - roughly chopped
- 1 pound garlic scapes (about 24) - roughly chopped / 5 garlic cloves
- 4 cups vegetable stock/ water
- salt and pepper to taste
- juice of 1 lemon
- Heat olive oil in a big pot. Add chopped onion and sweat on low heat until soft.
- Add garlic scapes/garlic cloves and, sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock/water and cauliflower florets, bring to boil. Simmer on low heat for 30 minutes until vegetables get soft.
- Remove from heat. Once the mixture is cool enough to handle, purée in blender.
- Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup