If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A variation on typical tabbouleh. The fennel especially gives this an interesting flavor twist. —Magpye
- 3/4 cup fine grain (#1) bulgar
- 2 small or 1 large zucchini
- 1 head fennel
- 4 scallions
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley
- 2 limes (juice of, divided)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- Rinse bulgar. place in a small bowl and add juice of 1 lime and about 1/2 cup water. The bulgar should be just covered. Let soak about 20 -30 minutes (adding a little more water if needed) until the grains puff up and absorb all the liquid.
- Cut zucchini into 1/4 inch cubes. Remove core from fennel and slice across the bulb into very thin slices. Slice scallions, going up into the green part, into thin slices. Coarsely chop enough parsley to make a cup's worth.
- Place all vegetables into a large bowl. Add the soaked bulgar. Add the remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Chill for about 30 minutes, and give it a stir before serving.