If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In the summertime, I want nothing more than to frolic in the countryside, visit farmer's markets every day, ready novels on hammocks, and never ever turn on an oven again.
Well, a girl can dream.
At least I can still scoff at my oven and make a fresh farmer's market salad...and you can too!
This is one of my favorite refreshing summer salads that pleases a crowd and offers a nutritional bang. The best part: It takes minutes to prepare and can be made ahead of time to let the flavors of the kale get better and better.
Every bite is infused with delicious flavors from juicy strawberries, zippy lemon, crunchy and nutty almonds, and creamy buttery avocado. These simple ingredients make up summer salad heaven.
- 1 head of kale, thick stems removed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup Strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from one lemon
- 1 pinch sea salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped raw almonds
- In a small jar add 1 T olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper and whisk to combine.
- Next start massaging your kale. In a large bowl place chopped kale, 1 T of olive oil and juice from half the lemon. Using your fingers, gently massage the olive oil and lemon juice into the kale, about 2-3 minutes or until kale feels nice and silky. Set aside.
- Simply toss the strawberries, avocado, almonds, and dressing in with the kale. Mix, serve, & enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Berry Recipe