If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A sweet and salty little bite that can be a little spicy if you choose.... —inpatskitchen
Serves: many as an appetizer
For the strawberry jam
cups diced strawberries
cup granulated sugar
teaspoon aleppo pepper
teaspoon sea salt
- Place all ingredients in a small sauce pan and stir. Let the strawberries macerate in the sugar mixture for about 30 minutes.
- Simmer the mixture over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes, mashing a bit as you go. The mixture should be thick and "jammy". Transfer to a small bowl, cool to room temperature and then refrigerate for at least a few hours. (This can be made a day or two before serving)
For the crostini
One or two baguettes, depending on how many bites you'd like
Extra virgin olive oil
ounces mascarpone cheese*
About 3 ounces thinly sliced proscuitto*
The strawberry jam
Aleppo pepper (optional)
- Slice the baguette(s) on the diagonal about 1/2 inch thick. Brush one cut side with a little olive oil and bake in a pre heated 350F oven for about 8 minutes until toasted a bit. Cool the slices.
- To assemble, spread a little mascarpone on the crostini and add a small spoon of the strawberry jam over . Drape a small piece of proscuitto over the top and sprinkle with a little aleppo pepper if using. Now pour yourself a little "Bubbly"!
- *NOTE: Amounts are approximate and will depend on how many little bites you plan to make. Leftover ingredients can certainly be used to spread on toast or crackers.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Appetizer to Share with Friends
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Berry Recipe