If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1/3 cup Fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2/3 cup Fresh squeezed blood orange juice
- 1 Jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 2 Tomatillos, chopped
- 2 Shallots, minced
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- 2 Cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 pound Jumbo scallops
- Extra virgin olive oil, for plating
- 1/4 cup Yuzu juice, optional
- Squeeze the citrus juices into a non-reactive bowl. Add the garlic, shallot, jalapeño, tomatillo, and roots from the cilantro. Cover and chill for up to four hours, stirring periodically.
- Slice the scallops as thinly as possible, creating uniform discs. Plate.
- Strain the juice mixture through a fine sieve or chinoise. Spoon a little over each disc of scallop. Drizzle lightly with good extra virgin olive oil. Garnish with rough chopped cilantro leaf, or with the best looking plouches from the bunch.