If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: a vibrant salad using summers delicate produce. silky shelled broad beans pair with crunchy raw romanesco, creamy fresh ricotta and fresh herbs. —Krissy
- 1b 1/2 cups blanched, shelled broad beans
- 1 very small red onion or shallot
- 3 tablespoons of muscat vinegar
- 1 small head of romanesco broken into very small pieces
- 3 strips of lemon peel, cut very finely into strips
- 2 large handfuls of pea shoots or other micro greens
- 10 small mint leaves
- 10 sprigs of flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons orange infuse olive oil (or an olive oil with sweet floral notes)
- salt & fresh cracked pepper to taste
- chop an extra small red onion (or shallot) very finely, just cover with muscat vinegar and set to the side
- peal and blanch the broad beans, remove the tough light green outer pod to reveal the gorgeous green color.
- break apart the romanesco into very small pieces - they are sweet and crunchy and raw in this salad -
- assemble the pea shoots, romaesco, lemon zest fronds, broad beans, flat leaf parsley & mint leaves on each of the plates.
- into the onion mixture add a pinch of salt and whisk in the olive oil.
- dollop on your ricotta, as much or as little as you like really and then drizzle the entire salad with the dressing.
- finish with a few grinds of black pepper