If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a riff on a Gordon Ramsay recipe I made a number of years ago. Scrummy —soupcon
- 4 ounces pancetta
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1 pound frozen tiny peas
- 1/8 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil, or grapeseed oil
- 1 handful washed mint leaves
- Chop or tear the pancetta into pieces and lightly fry in a sauce pan with the shallots and fat until the shallots are translucent.
- Add the peas and cook a further 2 to 3 minutes. Add the wine and cook until evaporated.
- Stir in the chicken or vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Simmer for 12 to 15 minutes. Add mint in the last 2-3 minutes of simmering. Season to taste with salt and pepper and blend using a food processor, blender or blending stick. Chill well and refrigerate until serving time.
- Add cream and mix well. Taste for seasoning again and serve in chilled bowls.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup