This is a riff on a Gordon Ramsay recipe I made a number of years ago. Scrummy
This is a riff on a Gordon Ramsay recipe I made a number of years ago. Scrummy—soupcon
pound frozen tiny peas
cup dry white wine
cups chicken or vegetable stock
cup whipping cream
salt and pepper
tablespoons olive oil, or grapeseed oil
handful washed mint leaves
In This Recipe
- Chop or tear the pancetta into pieces and lightly fry in a sauce pan with the shallots and fat until the shallots are translucent.
- Add the peas and cook a further 2 to 3 minutes. Add the wine and cook until evaporated.
- Stir in the chicken or vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Simmer for 12 to 15 minutes. Add mint in the last 2-3 minutes of simmering. Season to taste with salt and pepper and blend using a food processor, blender or blending stick. Chill well and refrigerate until serving time.
- Add cream and mix well. Taste for seasoning again and serve in chilled bowls.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup