If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Cool down on a hot summer night with this chilled soup. It's a twist on the classic gazpacho, starring avocado. —Emily Hu
- 1 tomato, cubed
- 1 cucumber, cubed
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 3 basil leaves
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 ice cubes
- salt and pepper
- Chop up tomato, cucumber and avocado, and set aside some small chunks for garnish.
- Combine tomato, cucumber, avocado, basil, spinach, celery, garlic, red wine vinegar, honey, and ice cubes in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Taste and season with salt, pepper, and additional red wine vinegar if necessary.
- Refrigerate until chilled and garnish with chunks.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup