If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by my Simply Summer Roasted Pepper Salad https://food52.com/recipes..., I thought I'd try turning a variation into a "drinkable" salad by blending the ingredients and chilling them until ice cold. A little goes a long way...
Makes: about 1 1/2 quarts
medium cubanelle peppers (try to find nice straight ones for ease in roasting)
small jalapeño pepper
cup diced sweet onion
large clove garlic
teaspoons salt (plus more for re seasoning)
cup red wine vinegar (plus more for re seasoning)
cup chopped parsley (flat leaf)
1 1/2 to 2 cups water
Diced tomato, kalamata olives and crumbled feta cheese for garnish
- Roast the two types of peppers on a grill or under the broiler of your oven until nicely charred. Place them in a bowl and cover them until cool. Once cooled, peel them, remove the stems and seeds and chop coarsely. Place in a blender along with the diced onion.
- Peel and seed the cucumber. Chop coarsely and add to the blender along with the garlic, salt, vinegar, parsley and 1 1/2 cups water. Puree until smooth. If you feel the soup is too thick, add more water. Transfer to a covered container and chill for a few hours until ice cold.
- When ready to serve, taste for seasoning. You may feel you need a little more salt and vinegar depending on your taste. (you even might want a little more water if the soup is too thick)
- Serve in small cups or glasses garnished with the tomatoes, olives and feta.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup