If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: What sums up summer if not sunshine and a lush garden. I tried to capture the best of summer in this soup by incorporating all things golden; roasted golden beets and carrots, turmeric and citrus. It is my homage to California in July! —nycnomad
- 3 Golden Beets
- 4 Carrots (I used white and orange, large)
- 1/2 Butternut Squash
- 1 Yellow Onion (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1/2 Orange (Juice)
- 1 Lemon (Juice)
- 1-2 teaspoons Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Freshly Grated Ginger
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 teaspoons Coconut Oil
- Fresh Cilantro *optional
- Yogurt (I used full fat goat's milk) *optional
- Pumpkin Seeds *optional
- 3 cups Water
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Peel the butternut squash and remove the seeds. Chop into large chunks. Peel and chop the carrots, beets and onion if you are using it. Place the vegetables on a lined baking sheet and drizzle with 3Tbsp of coconut oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast the vegetables in the oven for 30-45 mins or until they are slightly caramelized on the bottoms.
- Let the vegetables cool and then place in a blender. Add 2 Cups of water and blend until smooth.
- Add the olive oil, the juice from 1/2 of an orange and the juice from 1 lemon. Blend until fully incorporated.
- Add the turmeric and the grated ginger and blend again.
- You can chill the soup or serve it slightly warm. I like it both ways. When you are ready to serve the soup, ladle as much as you want into your bowls.
- Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro, sprouted pumpkin seeds and/or a dollop of fresh creamy yogurt (obviously leave it out if you are vegan). Sit back and enjoy the sunset!!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup