If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sometimes recipes make your every day veggies to upgrade. Plain carrots are spiced up in this soup and become a comforting dish —bonheurcuisine
- 2 1/2 cups carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon organic honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon whole cream
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- carraway seeds to sprinkle/ dollop of double cream or Greek yoghurt to serve
- In a saucepan boil the carrots with the vegetable broth until tender
- In another saucepan, sauté the chopped onion and garlic cloves with the olive oil. Add the honey and ground ginger and stir. Allow to cook for a minute
- Add the carrots and broth to the sauted vegetables and bring to a boil. Process the soup with a blender until smooth and stir in the whole cream. Add salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Serve with a dollop of double cream or Greek yoghurt and a sprinkle of carraway seeds
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup