If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pickapeppa sauce is a Caribbean condiment referred to as “Jamaican ketchup” that is basically a sweeter A1 sauce, made with tomatoes, onions, mangoes, peppers, and other spices.
Adapted from Cooking Light.
For step-by-step photos, go to: http://www.icancookthat.org/2013/07/gazpacho-with-grilled-pickapeppa-shrimp.html —I Can Cook That
- 1 10 oz container grape tomatoes, divided
- 1.5 cups sliced English cucumber, divided
- 1 cup diced red bed pepper, divided
- 3/4 cup diced sweet onion, divided
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 5/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, divided
- 1 28 oz can San Marzano tomatoes, drained
- 1 the juice of one lemon
- 1/4 cup pickapeppa sauce
- 20 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (~8 oz)
- Add the juice of one lemon, 1 minced garlic clove, 1 tablespoon olive oil, ¼ teaspoon black pepper, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and ¼ cup pickapeppa sauce to a small bowl. Mix to combine.
- Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Add to the refrigerator until ready to grill.
- Quarter 8 grape tomatoes. Combine the quartered tomatoes, ¼ cup thinly sliced (and halved) cucumber pieces, ¼ cup diced red bell pepper, and ¼ cup diced onion in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Add the remaining grape tomatoes, 1 ¼ cups cucumber, ¾ cup bell pepper, ½ cup onion, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, 3 garlic cloves, and the canned tomatoes to a food processor.
- Pulse until desired consistency. Refrigerate for 25 minutes.
- When ready to serve, heat a grill to medium-high heat. Remove the shrimp from the pickapeppa mixture and thread on wooden skewers that have been soaking in water for at least 30 minutes. Grill for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Add 1 cup soup to each of 4 bowls. Top each serving with shrimp and some of the garnish mixture.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup