- 4 pounds ground chicken
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch of scallions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- vegetable oil or canola oil for cooking
Peanut Satay Sauce
- 1 can of unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- To make the meatballs, combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, and incorporate thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes, but up to an hour. Form chicken mixture into small 1-inch-in-diameter balls.
- Heat a large, wide skillet over medium heat, and add 2-3 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Add the meatballs in batches of about 20, flipping every few minutes, and cooking each batch for about 8-10 minutes total, or until the meat is no longer pink in the middle.
- To make the peanut satay sauce, combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan, and simmer for 15 minutes.