If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Dense and sweet baby heirlooms, red and golden cherries, and juicy plum tomatoes all make for a lovely array of colors in this salad. But it is the tomato basil vinaigrette that packs the flavor punch and makes this utterly delicious. —OliveandPearl's
Tomatoes Galore Kale Salad
- 2 bunches Kale, washed and chopped
- 2-3 cups tomatoes, your favorite varieties
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 Lemon cucumber, optional
Tomato Basil Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 shallot
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegary
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- pinches salt and pepper
- For the dressing, combine all the ingredients in a food processor or blender until processed. Store in a closed container and will last for up to a month in the refrigerator.
- Chop the kale, removing the stalks if you don’t like them, and with your hands, rub 3 tablespoons of the dressing into the kale and set aside. Chop the tomatoes and the cucumber, then add to the dressed kale. Finish with 1-2 tbs. of dressing and the toasted pine nuts.