If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad combines the deep earthy flavor of kale with sweet nectarine and pungent Pecorino Romano cheese. Like most raw kale recipes, this one enjoys a few minutes of massaging and relaxation. Who doesn't, really? —Ordinary Blogger (Rivki Locker)
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoons Salt
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 Small bunch of kale
- 1/4 cup Walnuts
- 3 Nectarines
- 1/4 of a red onion
- Few tablespoons White vinegar
- ¼ cups parmesan or pecorino romano cheese, grated fres
- 1/4 cup Bread crumbs, preferably homemade
- In a large salad bowl, combine the olive oil, vinegar, maple syrup, salt, pepper, and spices. Use a fork to whisk well.
- Use a chef's knife to cut the kale into ribbons. Put them in the bowl with the dressing. Use your hands (wear gloves if you like) to massage the dressing into the kale until it's well coated and you can feel the kale softening and wilting a bit. This will take 2-3 minutes. Don't skimp
- Let the kale rest. Preheat the oven to 350 and toast the walnuts for about 7 minutes, till fragrant. When they are cool, chop them coarsely and put that on top of the kale.
- Meanwhile, slice your nectarines thin and put them on top of the kale as well.
- Cut the onion into thin slices and put them in a bowl or cup with enough vinegar to cover them. (This takes the bite out of the onion.) Once they've been resting for about ten minutes, drain and discard the vinegar. Put the onions on top of the kale.
- Last, put the cheese and bread crumbs into the bowl and give it a good toss. Eat fresh. If you have any left, it'll keep nicely for a day or two in the fridge.