If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chewy rice cakes and crunchy brussels sprouts in a sticky spicy sauce. This dish is totally addictive. —zahlicious
- 4 cups brussels sprouts, washed, trimmed, and cut in half
- 400 grams korean rice cakes
- 3 1/2 tablespoons gochujang chili paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- vegetable oil, as needed
- Heat the wet ingredients to dissolve. Stir together. This is your sauce.
- Heat oil in a large pan until very hot (almost smoking). Add brussels sprouts, cut side down. Let them cook, undisturbed, until it smells a bit like popcorn (that’s them charring). Once they’ve charred a bit, start moving them around with a wooden spoon. Add a small pinch of salt to soften them. Cook to al dente. Reduce to medium heat. If rice cakes are fresh, add to brussels sprouts right away. If hard, microwave for 30 seconds on high, or blanch in boiling water for 30-40 seconds. Add rice cakes and sauce to brussels sprouts. Stir constantly until everything is glazed.