Author Notes: Rainbow carrots made this SPECTACULAR to look at. If you use orange ones it'll still taste GREAT. —Ordinary Blogger (Rivki Locker)
cloves garlic, peeled
tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
teaspoon kosher salt
black pepper, to taste
large bunches of carrots (rainbow carrots if you want to be fancy; but plain ones are JUST FINE)
- Preheat the oven to 400*.
- Chop the garlic coarsely. Don't mince it too fine or it'll burn.
- In a large bowl, combine the garlic with the oil, honey, salt and pepper. Stir well with a fork.
- Next, peel your carrots and cut them into matchsticks. Yes, I know it's a nuisance and takes longer than just dumping them into the pan whole. Play some nice music or listen to your favorite podcast. And trust me on this. Your mouth will thank me for those happy shaped matchsticks.
- Put the carrot sticks into the bowl and toss them well to combine them with the honey-garlic-yumminess.
- Spray a large cookie sheet with baking spray (or brush on some oil). Pour on the carrots and spread them in a nice layer so they are not overlapping.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes - stirring occasionally - until the carrots are browning and developing a nice glaze. Eat anytime in the next few hours. (Or leave them on the counter and see how long they last.)