If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: White asparagus has a nice mild sweetness that is enhanced by the black garlic. Black garlic is garlic that has been aged and fermented. It is soft and sweet but still has a garlicky flavor. —Caron Golden
For the vinaigrette
cloves black garlic
cup white balsamic vinegar
teaspoon Dijon mustard
teaspoon kosher salt
teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
cup extra virgin olive oil
For the rest of the dish
pound white asparagus, washed and trimmed
cup toasted walnut pieces
teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- To make vinaigrette, put all of the ingredients except the olive oil in the bowl of a food processor or blender.
- Process the ingredients until the black garlic has been completely incorporated with the rest of the ingredients.
- With the food processor running, slowly add the olive oil, blending until the dressing has thickened.
- Adjust seasonings to taste. Then set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Immerse the asparagus and blanch for 1 minute.
- Remove the asparagus from the hot water and run under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Dry the asparagus and arrange on a plate. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the asparagus. Then sprinkle the walnut pieces and fresh thyme leaves over the asparagus.