If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Warm baguette toasts topped with pickled vegetables, lemony cannellini beans, and green olives. —Riley Wofford
Serves 6 to 8
- 1 French baguette, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1/4 cup 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup pitted green olives, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Arrange the bread slices on a large rimmed baking sheet and brush the tops with 1/4 cup of olive oil. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly toasted.
- Toss the shallot, carrot, bell pepper, and garlic with the lemon juice and vinegar in a large bowl. Let marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes. Stir in the cannellini beans, olives, parsley, and remaining tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Spoon the mixture over the toasted bread slices and serve.