If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my favorite simple brine to use. You can brine your chops for as little as two hours and as many as 12. —Cara Nicoletti
Makes enough for 2 chops
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup kosher salt
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (granulated sugar will work fine, too)
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 chile de arbol (optional)
- 4 cups ice cubes
- 2 pork chops, 1 inch-thick
- Throw all the ingredients (minus the ice cubes and the chops) into a saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring until the salt and sugar dissolve. Remove from heat and stir in ice cubes.
- Once brine is totally cool, place chops in a ziplock bag and allow them to brine in the fridge overnight (about 8 hours). Before cooking, pat them dry and allow them to come to room temp. Cook the same way as the chops above.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!