If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes 20 bars
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 3/4 cup whole almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup ground flax seed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- Line a baking tin or dish (mine was 10 x 14 inches with wax paper so that it extends over the edge.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Add honey, almond butter, and apple sauce, and combine until a big gloppy clump is formed.
- Dump sticky mess into the baking dish, and flatten and spread with the back of a wooden spoon. Freeze overnight. Die with anticipation. Stop peeking at it.
- Remove from freezer and cut into bars! These are best stored in the fridge in a tupperware, with layers separated by wax paper. Keep one in your purse for 2 PM...and maybe another for 4:45...8:30...midnight...breakfast the next day...second breakfast...and so on.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!