If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A twist on the classic BLT, this BL"P" sandwich uses ripe peaches, peppery arugula and basil mayo to create the ultimate summer treat! —The Suburban Soapbox
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- 4 3/4 inch slices hearty white bread
- 2 ripe peaches, peeled and cut into slices
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- 8 slices cooked bacon
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and basil. Set aside.
- Place the bread under the broiler and toast until golden brown, Flip the bread slices over and continue to toast until golden.
- Transfer the bread to a platter or plate and spread the basil mayonnaise liberally on one side of each slice being sure to cover the entire surface. Layer two slices of bread with peaches and top each with 1/2 cup arugula. Top the arugula with the bacon and the remaining slice of bread. But the sandwich on an angle, corner to corner and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sandwich Recipe