If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I came up with this sandwich on a night when I needed dinner that was fast, healthy, and full of protein. It is quick to put together, but tastes like much more than the sum of its parts! For the fish, I have used both Bar Harbor Smoked Kippers and Trader Joe's delicious version of the same (theirs is called Smoked Trout) -- I always keep some in the house for this kind of emergency sandwich need... —fearlessem
- 1 Tin Smoked Kippers or Smoked Trout
- 1 Avocado
- 1 bunch Arugula
- 1 Loaf Ciabatta Bread
- 1 Lemon
- Cut sandwich sized pieces of ciabatta (or just use ciabatta rolls). Split the bread in half and lightly toast it.
- Layer smoked trout (and maybe a little of the oil it comes in) on the bottom, squeeze with lemon juice. Add the arugula, and then top with slices of avocado. Sprinkle the avocado generously with salt and pepper, and then add another squeeze of lemon juice. If you want, drizzle some good olive oil on the top half of the bread.
- Smoosh it all together, stick a toothpick through it to help hold it together, and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sandwich Recipe