If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my favorite default lunch and there’s a reason it never falls out of rotation— it’s tasty, crunchy, healthy and fast to pull together in the middle of a busy day. —eat-drink-garden
- 1 whole-wheat flour tortilla
- 2 slices jack cheese
- 1 large handful of arugula (or other greens)
- squeeze of lemon
- drizzle of olive oil
- Squirt of Sriracha sauce (Thai hot sauce)
- 5-6 thyme leaves
- pinches sea salt
- Get your grill pan or cast iron skillet on the stove and heat it on medium heat while you gather the rest of your ingredients.
- Place your whole-wheat tortilla in the dry hot pan and let it toast there until it gets a little crispy. Once it’s nice and brown, flip it to the other side.
- Place the cheese slices on the now warm side and sprinkle the thyme on top.
- As the cheese melts, in a small bowl toss the arugula with the oil, lemon and salt.
- Give a gentle squeeze of Sriracha or salsa on the warm cheese.
- By the time the cheese melts you are ready for the greens. Put the tortilla on a plate and scoop the dressed greens on top of the spicy melted cheese and fold over.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sandwich Recipe
More Great Recipes: Sandwiches