Author Notes: This is my favorite default lunch and there’s a reason it never falls out of rotation— it’s tasty, crunchy, healthy and fast to pull together in the middle of a busy day. —eat-drink-garden
whole-wheat flour tortilla
slices jack cheese
large handful of arugula (or other greens)
squeeze of lemon
drizzle of olive oil
Squirt of Sriracha sauce (Thai hot sauce)
pinches sea salt
- Get your grill pan or cast iron skillet on the stove and heat it on medium heat while you gather the rest of your ingredients.
- Place your whole-wheat tortilla in the dry hot pan and let it toast there until it gets a little crispy. Once it’s nice and brown, flip it to the other side.
- Place the cheese slices on the now warm side and sprinkle the thyme on top.
- As the cheese melts, in a small bowl toss the arugula with the oil, lemon and salt.
- Give a gentle squeeze of Sriracha or salsa on the warm cheese.
- By the time the cheese melts you are ready for the greens. Put the tortilla on a plate and scoop the dressed greens on top of the spicy melted cheese and fold over.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sandwich Recipe