cups baby bella mushrooms, sliced
bunch chives, chopped
tablespoons ricotta cheese
handful baby spinach
slices Swiss cheese
tablespoon olive oil
Baguette (you'll need two 8in long pieces)
- Slice the eggplant in ½ in slices and season with lot of salt. Let rest for an hour to remove that extra bitterness. Pat off the excess water with paper towel and chop the slices into small cubes.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over the medium heat. Sauté the mushrooms until the liquid evaporate. Season with salt.
- Add eggplant. Sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Set aside, let it cool.
- When mushroom/eggplant mixture is cool add chives and ricotta and combine well.
- Cut the bread lengthwise in half.
- Remove the pit from the bottom part and fill it with mushroom/eggplant mixture.
- Put 8-10 baby spinach leaves on the mixture.
- Top it with a slice of Swiss cheese and 4 slices of soppressata.
- Cover with the top part of the baguette.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sandwich Recipe