If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 3 zucchinis, grated (large holes of a box grater)
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 slider buns, slightly toasted
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 1 buratta cheese
- 1 tablespoon harissa
- Grate zucchini and onion into a bowl, add the salt, mix to combine. Let sit 10 minutes. Squeeze out the liquid.
- Add chopped parsley, chives, breadcrumbs, pepper and eggs. Mix well to combine.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Carefully drop 2 tablespoons zucchini mixture into pan, repeat, spacing polpette a few inches apart.
- Cook polpette 3 to 4 minutes per side, until golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
- You’ll get a few fritters from this mixture.
- Assemble your sliders.
- First place the baby spinach on the toasted bottom bun, then a thick slice of buratta and next up is your fritter.
- Now take the soft part of buratta, mix in 1 tsp harissa and place the mixture on the fritter.
- And now finish it with the toasted top bun and squeeze slightly just before you dig into it!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sandwich Recipe