If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Recipe for Homemade pickled relish is adopted from Bobby Flay (Food Network, http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/grilled-link-hot-dogs-with-homemade-pickle-relish-recipe.html) —WearEatLove
- 2 chicken thighs, skinless
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs (I used Panko)
- 1+1/2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup dill pickles, finely diced
- 1 small red pepper, grilled, peeled, seeded, and finely diced
- 1 small jalapeno, grilled, peeled, seeded, and finely diced
- 1 small white onion, finely diced
- 2 diner rolls
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1 handful arugula
- First make your relish. Bring vinegar, mustard seeds, and coriander seeds to a boil in a medium non-reactive saucepan. Cook until reduced by half and slightly syrupy. Remove from the heat, add the remaining ingredients, and gently toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- For fried chicken heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Season chicken with salt and pepper, coat with flour then with beaten egg and at the end toss it in Panko. Place it in the hot oil and fry until golden brown.
- Now assemble your sandwich. Put 1 tbsp mayo on the bottom, place the arugula on mayo, then your delicious fried chicken and top it generously with pickle relish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sandwich Recipe