If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a healthy granola bar recipe full of dried figs, macadamia nuts, hazelnuts and almonds. It is a great snack and I love wrapping them up and giving them as gifts. —Jacquilyn in the Kitchen
Makes 12 large full size bars or 24 small squares
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup hazelnuts, chopped (I use toasted)
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- 12 dried figs, stems removed & chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, softened
- 3/4 cup honey, divided. 1/2 cup +1/4 cup
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8X8 pan with parchment paper.
- 2. In a large bowl combine oats, salt, cinnamon, all nuts and dried figs. Stir well.
- 3. Next add the coconut oil and stir to evenly coat the mixture with the oil.
- 4. Add 1/2 cup of honey and stir really well so that the mixture becomes evenly coated and sticky. Add the last 1/4 cup of honey, making sure to drizzle it over the parts that look dry. Stir well.
- 5. Place the mixture in the parchment lined pan and press firmly into the pan, making sure it is even. I like to use the back side of a spatula or a piece of parchment paper to help press the mixture down.
- 6. Bake for 22-25 minutes until lightly golden brown on top. Remove from oven and cool for 1 hour in the pan. Transfer to fridge and cool for at least an hour before cutting into bars, which will prevent them from crumbling.
- 7. I like to wrap them up and give them as gifts!