If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple recipe that tastes like more than the sum of its parts. —Ordinary Blogger (Rivki Locker)
cups (about a pound) of string beans, trimmed
teaspoon kosher salt
tablespoons chopped dill (more of less - depends how much you like dill)
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add the salt and return to a boil.
- Add the green beans and continue to boil on high for about two minutes until the beans look cooked but are still bright. Test one if you're not sure.
- Drain the beans in a colander. Quickly pour cold water over them to stop the cooking. Let them drain completely, for at least a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a frying pan over medium-low heat. Add the green beans and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring a few times, till the beans are warmed through and the butter is coating them evenly.
- Toss the string beans with the dill and serve.