Author Notes: A simple recipe that tastes like more than the sum of its parts. —Ordinary Blogger (Rivki Locker)
cups (about a pound) of string beans, trimmed
teaspoon kosher salt
tablespoons chopped dill (more of less - depends how much you like dill)
In This Recipe
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add the salt and return to a boil.
- Add the green beans and continue to boil on high for about two minutes until the beans look cooked but are still bright. Test one if you're not sure.
- Drain the beans in a colander. Quickly pour cold water over them to stop the cooking. Let them drain completely, for at least a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a frying pan over medium-low heat. Add the green beans and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring a few times, till the beans are warmed through and the butter is coating them evenly.
- Toss the string beans with the dill and serve.