It's fall so peppers are in abundance! I picked up some gorgeously colored peppers from the farmer's market and I went to town stuffing it with the veggies and the farro I had on hand. So delicious, nutritious, and an easy dish to keep as leftovers with a quick reheat to make things hearty again. —Minna Lee
2 hungry people
Large Sweet Bell Peppers, colors variable
Medium Zucchini Squash, diced
Small Spring Onions, sliced
Himalayan Pink Salt
*Optional Grated Parmesan Reggiano
In This Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 375º F and line a baking dish with aluminum foil or lightly grease bottom of the dish with EVOO.
2. Combine farro, zucchini, kale, onions, chives, and spices (and parmesan if you choose) in a medium mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly.
*Optional: you can cook this mixture for a few minutes on a pan on medium heat to get some of the veggies cooking- I did it to reduce the volume of the kale in particular, so I could make it all fit inside the two peppers!
3. Cut out the tops of the bell peppers, and remove all seeds from the inside. If your peppers aren't stable standing upright on their own, gently cut a sliver from the bottom to make it flat- but be careful to not cut a hole in the pepper.
4. Spoon farro mixture into bell peppers until packed tightly. Place bell peppers on baking dish and pop it in the oven.
*Optional: You can "tent" the baking dish with an additional piece of aluminum foil to speed up the cooking process if you're shorter on time- you remove this tent about 25 minutes in, then resume cooking for another 10 minutes so the outside of peppers will begin to roast and brown
5. Cook in the oven for about 40-50 minutes or until desired tenderness. Let it cool for a few minutes, then serve!