If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a quick and delicious sandwich you can wrap up and enjoy for lunch or make for dinner. The sweet apricots and the salt feta cheese and pork goes extremely good together and makes this dish rustique and unpretentious. —Adele Lifeandthelemons
- 1 Filet of pork loin
- 4 Slices of muesli bread
- 1 handful With feta cheese
- 6 Dried apricots
- 1 Shallot
- Unsaltet butter for frying
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat the butter in a small heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat until it shimmers. Fry the muesli bread slices until it get a golden color. Let it cool.
- Add some more butter in the same skillet you fried the bread and fry the pork for about 2-3 minutes on medium plus heat on each side. Let the meat rest for 5 minutes before cutting it (if you cut it too early, the meat will become very chewy).You may also use some leftover pork from other meals.
- Cut the pork. Smear feta cheese on the bread, add the pork and garnish with dried apricotes and cutted shallot.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dinner That Makes a Good Lunch