If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicious and easy-to-make grain salad that not only pops with freshness and flavor, but keeps you satisfied for hours. The mango adds a surprising sweet bite to temper the peppers, and the cilantro and lime add freshness. Makes a great party side dish, dinner entree, and packs well for lunch! —Katherine Baker
- 2.5 cups black rice
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1large mango
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 8-10 green onions
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts or cashews
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- Cook black rice as instructed on package, being careful not to overcook the rice as this salad tastes best when the rice is a bit al dente.
- While rice is cooking, dice bell peppers and green onions into small uniform pieces. Cube mango into small pieces, as well, and place all chopped produce into a bowl.
- Chop cilantro and add to the bowl of produce.
- Place rice into the refrigerator and allow to cool completely. Meanwhile, combine lime juice, oil, honey, vinegar, salt, and Srircha in a small bowl. Whisk with a fork or small whisk until emulsified.
- When rice is cool, fold in 3/4 of the chopped produced and mix it throughout the grains.
- Pour dressing over the top of the salad, add remaining 1/4 cup chopped produce on top, and garnish with crushed peanuts. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dinner That Makes a Good Lunch