If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Since I bought a grill, and my wife went out of town. My 18 yr old Loves anything with rice and anything Chinese —Dominic Brannigan
Chinese Barbecued Pork
- 4 pounds Boneless Pork Butt
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 6 tablespoons Hoison Sauce
- 1/4 cup Sherry Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Grated Fresh Ginger
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 2 Cloves Chopped Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Five Spice Powder
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Tomato Paste
- 1 pinch Salt and Pepper
- Cut the Pork Butt lengthwise, turn on it's side and cut lengthwise into equal parts. Prick the Butt with a fork and place in ziplock bag or Vacuum bag "if you have one" Combine Sherry, oil, garlic, spice powder, and pepper and put half in bag and set the other half aside. Seal bag and put into fridge for at least and hour or more.
- Combine Tomato Paste and Honey with the reserved marinade and reduce in small sauce pan till thick and syrupy
- At this stage you can do one of two things. 1: Turn oven onto 300 Degrees place marinaded pork on wire rack in a Baking sheet lined with Foil. Put 1/4 Cup of water in the bottom and wrap the sheet with foil to create an airtight seal. Cook for 20 minutes, uncover and cook for another 40 minutes, till edges are brown. Heat broiler and coat meat with glaze and cook for 3 to 5 minutes each side until you get a nice even brown color. 2: I have a sous vide set up and Vacuum bags. Sous vide Meat in 145 Degrees water bath for 3 hours, cool bags in ice bath the remove meat form bag and set aside. You can either broil as directed above or if you have a grill. Open the bottom vent and light briquettes and when they are ashed over close grill and heat for 5 Minutes. Cook as broiled instructions above
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 2 pieces Star Anise
- Rinse Basmati Rice under cold water to release any extra starch. The water should look clear. Put the rice in medium sauce pan with Star Anise, and Pinch of Salt and Pepper into rice. Pour water over rice and place the lid on. Bring to boil as fast as you can and turn down heat. Place a towel over the pan and replace lid and cook for an additional 8 to 10 Minutes. The water should have evaporated. Remove Anise and fluff up with fork. There you have perfect rice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dinner That Makes a Good Lunch
More Great Recipes: