If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicious & hearty veggie burger full of the perfect combo of sweet tart fruits and yummy savory flavors. —Carol Beck
For the burgers:
- 1 ripe peach
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 pinch salt & pepper (to taste)
- Cook your quinoa in 1 cup water on the stovetop until the water is all absorbed, about 10-15 minutes.
- While that cooks, add your blackberries to a large mixing bowl and mash them pretty well with the back of a fork.
- Then add the rest of your ingredients, along with the quinoa once it’s cooked.
- Scoop up about 1/4 of the mix with your hands and form a patty. Repeat with the other 3 burger patties.
- Give the burgers a good sear in a lightly oiled skillet over medium-high heat until each side is nice & dark & crispy-like.
- Then put them on a greased cookie sheet in the 350 oven from whence the buns came, and cook for another 15 minutes.
For the buns:
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free oat flour
- 1/2 cup sweet potato puree
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 F and grease a baking sheet.
- Mix your ingredients in a large bowl until combined. You should end up with a big ball of dough that you can roll out and cut. If it’s too sticky, add a little more flour a bit at a time.
- Sprinkle some oat flour on the paper or counter and on a rolling pin. Then roll your dough out to about 1/2 inch of thickness.
- Once you have a nice flat sheet of dough, use a round cookie cutter – or rim of a drinking glass as an impromptu one – to cut nice even round shapes out of the dough. Place these on your greased baking pan.
- Once you’ve cut out all the biscuits you can, smoosh the dough back together and roll it out again and repeat. When you can’t possibly roll out another bun, you’ll be good to bake!
- Place your cookie sheet of buns in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden and firm. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Put one bun on a plate, then your burger, then top with whatever you like. Repeat with the other guys and you’ll be ready for this veggie burger feast!