If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe can be called a soup or a chowder! The flavors in this bring out the earthy tones ,creamiest of flavors! From my trials and errors came up with this from my kitchen.Family favorite!
It's a must try for everyone! —pamela
- 2/3 cup sausage meat
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup red pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup celery chopped
- 1 handful mushrooms chopped
- 6.5 ounces chopped clams ( opt.)
- 14.75 ounces can cream corn
- 3 pieces of bacon cut or chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons cream chesse ( opt.)
- 2/3 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- In skillet brown up sausage meat, separate it into small pieces. Then add 2 tbsp. butter, garlic salt flakes.
- Sauté onions, peppers, celery, mushrooms, bacon pieces, clams( opt.). when cooked down. Remove from heat.
- add steak seasoning , stir in let set for 3 mins.
- in medium saucepan combine cream corn ,all sautéed ingredients.
- Over medium heat add the heavy cream, cream cheese (opt.) ,milk, remaining butter.
- Cook for 2-3 mins. then add grated sharp cheddar cheese.
- Stir occasionally to incorporate all the ingredients.
- Then add the dash of pepper , dash of salt to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dinner That Makes a Good Lunch