A fun and spicy broccoli side dish.
A fun and spicy broccoli side dish.—Dustin
tablespoon Sesame oil
Cloves garlic, chopped
Large head of broccoli
cup Mirin Rice Wine
tablespoons Sambal Oelek chili paste
teaspoons Rice wine vinegar
cup Chopped cashews
In This Recipe
- Heat sesame oil in large skillet on stove over medium heat.
- Wash and rinse broccoli. Cut into manageable chunks for a food processor. Outfit the processor with the slicing blade, and push broccoli through processor. Mine produced about 6 good cups of sliced broccoli.
- Add minced garlic to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, for two minutes until garlic becomes fragrant and golden.
- Add broccoli to skillet, mix well with garlic. Cook for 3-5 minutes until softening.
- Add Mirin, cover and cook for another 3-4 minutes, until broccoli is tender. Remove lid and allow Mirin to reduce down another couple of minutes.
- Add Sambal, salt, and vinegar, toss well.
- Top with chopped cashews.