If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Vegetarian, Nice use of variety of mushrooms. Serve on home made bread toasted or crackers or english muffin
It is vegetarian, Unless you use cottage cheese instead of tofu. —Truly Scrumptious
Makes 2 cups
Nebrodini Bianco mushrooms, Forest Nameko, And Trumpet Royale mushrooms, Big yellow onion, handful of leek, or a few shallot or whatever you have, almonds,tofu or cottage cheese, coconut oil, olive oil, avocado oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, more ing
- 5 ounces roasted Nebrodini Bianco Mushrooms
- 4 ounces roasted Forest Nameko Mushrooms
- 4 ounces roasted Trumpet Royale Mushrooms
- 3/4 pound yellow onion
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 handful miscellaneous onions such as chopped leeks, chives, shallots, whatever you have a little of on hand.
- 2 tablespoons oil, use evoo, and or avocado oil,
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon merlot sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon maple sea salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 pinches green peppercorn ground coursely
- 1 piece fennel frond
- small little handfuls oregano ( just leaves) no stems
- small little handfuls lemon basil
- small little handfuls Italian flat leaf parsley
- 2 pieces cloves of garlic raw
- 1 teaspoon flakes of dried tomato skins
- Roast mushrooms tossed in light drizzle of coconut oil, light drizzle of balsamic vinegar, and light sea salt and cracked pepper. Roast at 350 until moist, then take out just when starting to get dry, but not too dry. Lets say around 30 minutes but it really depends on size of mushrooms. The Forest NAmeko are smaller, they should come out before larger ones. Just stay close to oven and use your nose and stay focused. roast and set aside.
- Dice the large onion and put on stove top in cast iron skillet warmed with coconut oil to caramelize your onions. The onion does not have to be chopped perfectly as it is going to be pureed in Cuisinart. caramelize onions on a low steady flame. do not stir for awhile, until you begin to smell the onions, stir minimally so they the contact with skillet can have time to caramel a Little bit. They do not have to be brown all theway, just to your liking. Sprinkle with a little finely ine ground sea salt.
- Toast almonds in a 350 degree ovens for about five minutes. not too long at all. just warmed and nearly toasted.
- caramelize the additional onions with the other onion. if you have just a few leeks or chives, they can be uncooked. just add them to mix fresh.
- measure up a half of a cup of cottage cheese or silken tofu
- measure into its own bowl 1 t olive oil, 1 t avocado oil,
- into same bowl add balsamic vinegar, add lemon juice, sea salts , spices, and ground peppercorns.
- into same bowl with oils, vinegar, and spices, add fresh herbs
- put this all together in cusinart. Add ingredients with blade previously in position in cuisinart. whip it good until smooth. serve on toast points or crackers. Flavors enhance overnight.
- YOu can use various amounts of these mushrooms totaling about 12- 14 ounces worth. YOu can use walnuts instead of almonds and so on. you can use a little piece of a nice hot pepper instead of chili powder, you can use tofu or cottage cheese. you can vary the herbs and use thyme of course, or purple basil or whatever you have on hand or in the garden that will taste good to you and go woth a savory pate. but the lemon juice is important and the fresh herbs bring it up so well. you can also caramelize one small carrot and a piece of celery with this if you have it or not , it works either way. It also depends how fast you are going to eat it. if you are keeping several days, keep it simple. enjoy.
additional ingredients. garlic, flakes of tomato skins, merlot sea salt, maple sea salt, green peppercorns, smoked paprika, chili powder, fennel fronds, oregano, flat leaf parsley, lemon basil.
- it does not matter what sea salt you use.