If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Simple roasted Brussels sprouts get a twist with a luxurious balsamic and red wine glaze. —jessica
For the Brussels Sprouts
- 1.5 pounds Brussels Sprouts
- 1 tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
For the Glaze
- 1 cup Good quality Balsamic Vinegar
- 0.5 cups Dry Red wine (Cab Sav, Merlot, etc)
- 1 tablespoon Finely diced Shallot
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 1 pinch Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Rinse Brussels Sprouts and cut each on in half. Place on baking sheet, and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with Kosher Salt and toss to coat. Bake for 20 minutes, or until sprouts start to become golden brown around the edges.
- While Brussels Sprouts are cooking, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and saute for 1 min.
- Add balsamic vinegar, wine, garlic powder, sugar, salt and pepper, and continue to simmer on medium low heat until the mixture is reduced by about half.
- When the Brussels Sprouts are done, take them out of the oven and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Green Holiday Side