If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Luckily, both my little girls request broccoli, only if it is blanched and well-seasoned, 5 days a week.… So, "If life gives you broccoli, made Sriracha Broccoli!" Leftover broccoli will deliver the same results if not over-cooked… —Jenn2323
Serves 3 children, 2 adults
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1-2 Garlic clove, smashed
- 1.5 lb Broccoli, stems trimmed
- 1 tablespoon any green herbs (parsley, chives, cilantro) in your refrigerator
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1-2 tablespoons Romano cheese, grated
- In a large sauce pan, bring water, salt and garlic to a boil.
- Add broccoli, herbs, ground pepper, olive oil. Stir to make sure all the broccoli cooks evenly.
- After 3-4 minutes, strain broccoli, reserving 1T of the water, garlic and herbs. Only serve the broccoli to your children or any other guests that prefer mild flavors.
- Now, it's time to spice it up!! Return the water, garlic, herbs and remaining broccoli to sauce pan. Stir in Sriracha to pan on medium heat for one minute.
- Stir in Romano cheese and serve.