Author Notes: Aromatic and woodsy, crispy sage warms hearty gnocchi for the perfect fall pasta. —Adena Leigh
garlic clove, chopped
handful mushrooms, thinly cubed
Salt and pepper to taste
tablespoons unsalted butter
sprigs fresh sage, chopped
packets potato gnocchi
cup grated parmesan (the real stuff!)
In This Recipe
- Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil on medium heat. Add chopped garlic clove and let sit until slightly browned.
- Add chopped mushrooms. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Let cook for 10 minutes. While it cooks, boil water for the gnocchi.
- Once water is boiled, add gnocchi and follow cooking instructions on the package.
- Add butter and sage to mushrooms and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Once melted, add another 2 tbsp. olive oil.
- Once gnocchi is cooked and rinsed, , add to pan. Sprinkle with Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, more salt and pepper
- Cook for another 3 – 4 minutes until gnocchi is slightly fried.
- Serve with more freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.