If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A change up to your traditional hummus, this one is made with golden beets and spiced up with some smoked paprika. —Vicky | Things I Made Today
- 1/2 pound golden beets, quartered
- 2-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 15 ounces can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- juice from 1 lemon
- dill for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place beets on a baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Bake for 35-45 minutes, until beets are tender. Let cool completely.
- In a food processor, combine chickpeas, tahini, garlic, salt, smoked paprika, chili flakes, lemon juice, and beets. Puree until smooth. Add in 1 tablespoon of olive oil at a time until right consistency is reached. If hummus is still too thick, you can add a little water to thin it out.
- Transfer to bowl and top with dill.