If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Cookwithlife.com presents Steak and Veggies Bowls with Lime-Cilantro Cream Sauce. A perfect way to pack in the protein - Healthy, east, fast, and full of flavor —Cook With Life
- 2 Bonless New York Strip Steaks
- 15 ounces Can of Corn
- 15 ounces Can of Black Beans
- 5 ounces Can Diced Green Chilies
- 2 Tomatoes, Diced
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Cilantro, Chopped
- 1 Red Onion, Chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Large Avocado, Diced
- Grill steak to your desired doneness,
- In a 10" non-stick skillet, combine corn and green chili and heat over medium-high heat until warmed through. Remove from skillet, tent with foil, and reserve. Return skillet to heat and add black beans, heating over medium-high heat, until hot. Cover with lid, and set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine tomatoes, cilantro, red onion, garlic powder and salt and pepper. Mix until evenly incorporated
Lime-Cilantro Cream Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon Shallot, Minced
- 1/2 cup Dry White Wine
- 1 tablespoon Pepper Jack Cheese
- 3 tablespoons Fresh Cilantro, Minced
- Add butter to a medium-sized, heavy-bottom sauce pan, and bring to medium-high heat. Once butter has melted, add shallots and sautee until transparent and aromatic but not browned, about 1 minute.
- Now add the wine, raise the heat to high, and boil until reduced to about 1 Tbsp - 4 to 6 minutes. Add the chicken broth and boil until reduced to about 1/2 cup, usually another 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the cream, lower the heat to medium-high, and continue to boil until reduced to about 3/4 cup. This usually takes 9 to 12 minutes. Remove the pan from heat, add in the fresh cilantro, zest, and cheese, stirring to incorporate the cheese as it melts. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Arrange steak, pico de gallo, corn, black beans and avocado however you desire in serving bowls. Drizzle Lime-Cilantro Cream sauce over the top and serve immediately.