If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A freshened version of the old warhorse, Pasta alla Norma —eje
- 1/2 pound Spaghetti
- 1 Eggplant, Roasted and Peeled
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh Oregano Leaves
- 1/4 cup Toasted Pine Nuts
- Olive Oil
- Freshly Ground Black Peppercorns
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Mint Leaves, thinly sliced
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Feta Cheese
- 4 pieces Bacon, Cooked and Crumbled
- Heat a pot with enough salted water to cook a half pound of pasta. When it comes to a boil, cook your pasta.
- Roast Eggplant in a hot oven (or on a grill) until tender. Peel Eggplant and add to a blender (or food processor) with garlic, oregano, pine nuts. Start pureeing, and add olive oil as you go. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine Cherry Tomatoes, Mint Leaves, Salt, Pepper Flakes, Olive Oil, and Balsamic Vinegar. Toss to combine.
- Dress pasta with some of the Eggplant puree, loosening with salted pasta water as necessary. (You will probably have too much eggplant puree, but hey, stir in some tahini and you’ve got baba ghanoush!)
- late and make an indentation in center of pasta. Add Tomato ‘salsa’ and sprinkle on Feta, Bacon, and reserved pine nuts.